The credit repair process can be a long and arduous road. Although many companies advertise specialize services to help improve your credit, there are a few simple steps that you can take on your own to maximize your score.
- Check your credit report – You are allowed to view your credit report annually for free. Double check it each year to make sure there isn’t anything on there that is unauthorized or incorrect. Dispute anything that is inaccurate.
- Pay down outstanding credit card debt – One major factor in your credit score is your Credit Card Utilization. Not only do you save money on interest by paying down your credit cards, you also increase your credit score by reducing your percentage of utilization.
- Avoid opening new, unnecessary lines of credit – Is new credit card is advertising an attractive rewards program? Sure, earning free stuff or cash back sounds good, but what is the long term effect? Average age of credit has a direct effect on your credit score. Do not open a new credit card unless it makes good financial sense.
- Continue to make on-time payments on all lines of credit! Late payments quickly lead to lower credit scores.
- Monitor your credit and finances at least once per month. Sites like www.Mint.com and www.CreditKarma.com
Remember that lowering your credit score can reap multiple benefits for you in the future. Better credit leads to lower interest rates. Some employers check credit before hiring. Credit can have an impact on your insurance rates.
Regardless of your credit or credit history, the Drive Now Network is full of car dealerships that want to help get you into a new car today. Use your future tax refund or bring your W-2 forms. Drive Now Network dealers can process your tax return and use part of your tax refund for your down payment or to pay down the principle of your loan. Visit the main page on www.DriveNowNetwork.com to find a trusted dealership near you.